Required Commercial Insurance in California

If you have a business in California, you know how many rules and regulations there are. There are rules for everything, and the types of business insurance you get are no exception. Two types are required for many businesses to have if those businesses meet the qualifications. There are also many other types of business insurance that you may need, but that isn’t required. Policy types like cyber insurance and commercial real estate insurance may be needed for your specific business. Call us at THINK Insurance & Financial Services in Pomona, CA to get started with a commercial policy.

Workers’ Compensation

This is a type of insurance that comes in very handy for both employers and employees. If your California business has any number of employees, even just one, you’re required to have this insurance for them. This is true for both full-time and part-time employees. This coverage pays for the medical bills from a worker being injured while working. It also covers them against getting any work-related illnesses. Without this coverage, your business could owe an enormous amount in medical bills. And for employees, it ensures that money is available for their injuries if they should have an accident. 

Commercial Auto

This insurance type is required for any California business that owns a vehicle of any type. There are a few amounts required to be in this policy. These are an amount for property damage liability, an amount for one person who has injuries from an accident, and an amount that is for everything who becomes injured. In California, these amounts are extremely low, so adding to the minimum coverage for better protection may be a good idea. 

Get Commercial Insurance 

Call us at THINK Insurance & Financial Services in Pomona, CA for your commercial policies.