Skip to content
Click to Call
Think Insurance Financial Services

300 S. Park Ave, Ste. 903
Pomona, CA 91766

Get Directions

California Insurance Blog

Proof of Insurance Requirements for California Drivers

Every California driver must have insurance on their vehicle, and they must have certain minimum amounts of liability coverage. They must prove that they have an active policy in place, and they must present it to a law enforcement officer if he or she asks for proof of financial responsibility. According to the State of California, financial responsibility can be done in the following ways:

• A liability policy on the vehicle that meets minimum requirements.

• A cash deposit of $35,000 to the DMV.

• A self-insurance certificate that’s issued by the DMV.

• A surety bond for $35,000 from a company that has a license to do business in the State of California.

If you want more information about this issue, be sure to speak to someone at Think Insurance & Financial Services LLC in Pomona CA.

What Can Be Presented as Proof of Financial Responsibility

If you have an auto insurance policy in the State of California, the insurance card that’s given to you by your carrier will meet this requirement. But it isn’t the only way to prove financial responsibility. Other accepted methods of meeting this requirement include:

• A letter that’s authorized by the DMV if you made a cash deposit or are self-insured.

• The California Proof of Insurance Certificate (SR-22) form.

• Evidence that the vehicle is owned or leased by a public entity as it’s defined by the State of California.

• A Notification of Alternative Forms of Responsibility (REG 5085) form on a vehicle that’s covered by a commercial policy and is being registered for the first time.

• A Statement of Facts (REG 256) form to certify that you have proof of insurance on file with the Public Utilities Commission or the DMV.

Be sure to contact the office of Think Insurance & Financial Services LLC in Pomona, CA to get more information about the auto insurance laws in the State of California.

Understanding the Master Policy in Pomona CA

As a condo owner, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are protected from the different types of unpredictable disasters that happen from time to time. You receive some level of assistant through an insurance coverage known as condominium complex’s master policy. The policy caters for damages suffered by the building and pays for liability claims for any accidents reported to occur in the building’s area. However, there are some variations in what the master policy caters for from one condo to the other in Pomona, CA.

To ensure that you are comprehensively insured, make sure that you understand what is included in the master policy and what it does not include. You will also need to review your master policy to check what it protects. If you are experiencing trouble making sense from it, Think Insurance can help you understand what you are responsible for, what you are not and how buying condo insurance policy helps you fill the gaps.

What is included under Master Policy?

While your regular home insurance is responsible for protecting home structures and items, the master policy protects:

Shared spaces and buildings

These are areas that are shared or used by many condo owners like the condo pools and parks. They could also include structures such as condo gym and event rooms. Shared spaces also comprise of green areas, parking lots and walkways.

Condo unit structures

There are two types of insurance association which include the:

All-in- This structure excludes the installations and other fixtures in the condo unit but ensures other applications that come with the unit.

Bare walls in – It deals with the actual structure of the condo unit which includes the roof, walls, piping, wiring, insulation and the exterior.

The master policy ensures that everything that the unit owner insurance coverage does not protect is protected. To understand more about the master policy and condo insurance requirements in Pomona, CA, visit Think Insurance or find us on our website and we will answer any questions you may have concerning the same.

Recent Posts

Recent Comments




    Servicing States

    • Alabama
    • California
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Nevada
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Texas


    Partner Carriers

    • Allied
    • Biberk
    • CSE
    • Employers
    • Explorer ICW
    • Foremost
    • Infinity
    • Mercury
    • National General
    • Nationwide
    • NEXT
    • Pacific Specialty
    • Progressive
    • Safeco
    • Stillwater