There is a checklist that you should follow for your home during the fall months. This includes what you can do indoors and outdoors. You don’t want to encounter problems with your home that could require you to file a claim with your homeowner’s insurance. By taking the time to perform some maintenance, you have the ability to protect your home a little bit more.
Your indoor checklist is going to include your doors, fans, HVAC system, and even your chimney/fireplace if you have one.
- Weather strip and caulk around doors and windows in order to reduce the draft
- Clean the chimney
- Inspect your heater
- Reverse your ceiling fans
- Replace batteries in all of your smoke detectors
All of these can go a long way to reducing energy costs as well as making sure your home is prepped properly for the winter that is fast approaching.
Your outdoor checklist is going to include such things as your roof, gutters, and driveway.
- Check for cracks in your driveway so that they can be filled before snow and ice arrive
- Inspect the roof to replace loose or missing shingles
- Clean out the gutter so that the clog doesn’t result in an ice dam
Homeowners insurance is going to cover an array of problems that you encounter, but the better option is to prevent problems from occurring to begin with. You need to be a responsible homeowner and following the fall home checklist can go a long way.
At THINK Ins & Financial Services we are here to help you find affordable homeowners insurance. Call today and learn more about how you can protect your home in Pomona indoors and out and let us get quotes for you from top insurance companies.