Renters Insurance – THINK Ins. & Financial Services, CA

Renters insurance policies are designed to protect your personal property. Any person who rents their home, or in fact any other space, needs to have a renter’s policy. While the building in which you are living is traditionally covered by the homeowner’s policy maintained by the owner of the property, it will only protect any of the owner’s own possessions in the building. Naturally, the building itself is the responsibility of the homeowner, thus their homeowner’s coverage will take care of damages that happen to the building.

Renter’s insurance is going to pay you the replacement value for possessions that you lose due to any of the circumstances that are detailed in the policy. Some of these circumstances will typically include, but are not necessarily limited to:

  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Fire damage
  • Flood damage
  • Damages due to collapsed roof
  • Damages due to electrical malfunctions
  • Most other weather related damages

Your renter’s policy will have a detailed listing of exactly what type of circumstances are covered and what will be excluded. In many situations, some specific perils will be excluded (for example, renters and homeowners policies in California sometimes exclude earthquake related damages.)

If you want to include some specific perils that are excluded from your renter’s insurance coverage, ask your independent agent about it. You can often arrange to add specific coverage, known as insurance riders, to your insurance policy for a small additional monthly charge.

Renters coverage is not required by law in California, but it is a vital part of protecting yourself and everything that you own. Our independent agents are ready to generate multiple free renters quotes for you anytime.