mobile-callClick to Call
THINK Ins. & Financial Services

300 S. Park Ave, Suite 903
Pomona, CA 91766

google-mapGet Directions
featured Renter's insurance

California Insurance Professionals

Renting out a property is different from basic home ownership because you have a different set of responsibilities. As a landlord, your primary responsibility is to the dwelling and the rental practices. As a result, the insurance coverage that you may need California, may not be as extensive as a basic homeowners plan.

Landlord Coverage

As a landlord, the policies that you need for any properties that you own and rent out to others are not the same as the type of coverage you need when you live in a house. As a landlord, you are not responsible for any of the personal belongings that are kept in the dwelling. You are responsible only for the structure of the property.

Depending on your situation and preferences, you may need dwelling fire coverage or a policy that is designed for landlords. Dwelling fire policies will pay for the damage to the structure if a fire occurs, but it will not pay for any property that was in the building.

Finding Appropriate Coverage

The amount of coverage that you want or need may vary. Insurance plans may protect against liability concerns, or they may protect the structure of the property or the surrounding property if your rental has a yard.

By working with an independent agency like THINK Ins. & Financial Services, you can narrow down the options and ask a variety of questions so that the plan you select is appropriate for your needs. An agent can explain the terminology, the coverage and the items that are not included in the policy.

Landlords need a different type of insurance coverage to protect personal assets. Even though the belongings inside the property are not a concern, you will want to protect the structure and the building from fires or similar problems. An independent agent from a company like THINK Ins. & Financial Services can make it easier to find the best plan for your needs.


Allied CSE Explorer ICW Foremost Infinity Mercury National General Nationwide Pacific Specialty Progressive Safeco Stillwater Titan